Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just Thinking

This has been on my mind today and just my quick blurb on gay marriage.

I'm Latter Day Saint(LDS)/Mormon and I think gay marriage should be legal. Religiously, no, I don't believe that gay marriage is right. I also believe in free agency and the power to choose how we live our own lives, so in turn, I believe that we shouldn't have a say in how someone else lives their life, especially when it comes to love. Who am I to take away their right to choose? And how does their gay marriage even affect my life? It doesn't. Letting someone else live their life as a LGBT and/or married is not going to make me more likely to become lesbian or bisexual or make any wrong choices, unless they themselves are already making poor choices (e.g. illegal drugs). My boss/advisor/Assistant Director of Housing is openly lesbian and this hasn't negatively affected how I live my life. If anything, working for her has made me more open minded about things like this.

Unfortunately, this won't be how many people think, nor will they ever open their mind to this thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment