Thursday, June 20, 2013

Threads Thursday: Flirty Fifties


Yellow quarter length shirt - Thrifted
Blue with white polka dots gored skirt - Thrifted
Red belt - Thrifted
Red heels - Payless
Red Heart Glasses - Claire's

I have to say I'm always proud of myself when I manage to throw outfits like this together when the majority of the outfit is thrifted, and I didn't pay much for it. I admit I get frustrated with some of the fashion blogs I follow where they only incorporate a couple of thrifted items but rarely wear a cheap mostly thrifted outfit.

I bought the yellow top at a Goodwill in Kentucky a couple of years ago and paid maybe $3, the skirt I picked up at a local thrift shop here in Tahlequah for $3, the belt I bought at another Goodwill in Kentucky for $1.50, my heels were a needed item for sorority recruitment so I probably spend about $20 on them, and the glasses were an absolute must for $6. So in total, I spend under $35 for the entire outfit and under $15 if you exclude the shoes. :)

I try to be frugal with my money and only spend big when I really have to. The most I've spent on shoes was $85 for some Nike's with great arch supports, otherwise the most I've spend it $30 for a pair of knee high converse. Other than souvenir clothing, I've never spent more than $25 on a piece of clothing. I'm sure some people think this is crazy, but it was how I was raised to shop and it's worked wonderfully. :)

Really, it's just best to keep an eye out for sales instead of jumping at every chance to buy a brand new piece of clothing on the rack at a store. Almost every time I go shopping, when I enter a store, I skip every rack and go straight for the clearance. You may not always find what you want or even in the size you need but it takes persistence and luck sometimes. For the times you actually find something it's usually pretty awesome and a great purchase for cheap. For me, this is what makes shopping so thrilling. < 3

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same exact way with clothing. Rarely I'll splurge on something that I need like boots, otherwise I find 99% of what I need at thrift stores or on the sale rack. It feels better when you get a good deal or go back and find something you forgot that you were eyeing on sale! ps) love that skirt. Can never get enough polka dots!

    ReplyDelete